- Whole Foods Market will open a store in New York City’s Financial District on Jan. 11, according to a Monday announcement from the company.
- The 42,000-square-foot store is the company’s first announced store for 2023 and will feature over 1,000 products and include a wide selection of locally produced products and prepared foods along with a full-service coffee bar.
- The specialty grocer has opened 11 new stores over the course of 2022, with an emphasis on existing markets like California and New York City.
Whole Foods’ newest store, located in One Wall Street at 66 Broadway, will feature a specialty cheese department along with full-service seafood and meat counters. It will also have a prepared foods section, food hall featuring hot and cold food bars, and a full-service coffee bar featuring drip brew from local merchant Partners Coffee, according to the press release.
The store will also be stocked with Sourced for Good produce, offerings from over 20 local farms, more than 200 locally crafted beers as well as beauty and wellness products.
Opening day in early January will consist of giveaways, free samples and live entertainment, with the first 200 shoppers in line receiving a Whole Foods Market tote bag and $10 gift card, the announcement noted.
Over the course of a year, Whole Foods Market has opened 11 new store locations, four of which are located in California. The openings, which highlight Whole Food’s continuing focus on unit growth under Amazon’s ownership, were spread throughout the year, with three locations — in Pittsburgh; Grand Rapids, Michigan; and Culver City, California — occurring in August.
Two locations — one in Glover Park, Washington, D.C.; the other in Sherman Oaks, California — feature Amazon and Whole Foods’ Just Walk Out frictionless checkout technology.
Listed below are the dates and locations of all Whole Foods locations that opened in 2022:
- Jan. 12: San Francisco — Stonestown neighborhood
- Jan. 14: Towson, Maryland
- Feb. 23: Washington, D.C. — Glover Park neighborhood
- March 10 - San Francisco (California flagship store)
- March 16 - Sherman Oaks, California
- April 27 - Chicago
- June 2 - New York City — NoMad neighborhood
- July 27 - Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
- Aug. 10 - Pittsburgh — East Libery neighborhood
- Aug. 17 - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Aug. 31 - Culver City, California
Whole Foods confirmed the 11 store openings in 2022, but did not comment on how many new stores it plans to open in 2023.